Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Steeple Town Series


I've been quiet for a few days, well in front of the camera, anyway, but behind the scenes I've been my normal busy self.

I just completed the final read through on Crossfire of Love. My contemporary, erotic romance is set to release on March 19, 2012. We're almost there!

I've also turned in book one of my very first series. Why a series? As a reader, I enjoy  them, but as a writer, I had never really given it much thought. Even when I started the first book, A Love Stolen, I didn't necessarily see it as a series until I realized the three female friends in the book all needed to find love. I wanted to tell their stories.

The three novellas take place in the fictional town of Steeple, Mass. The reader gets a peek into the lives of three best friends (Lila, Cali and Jenson) who are all very different in personality,
 but are always there for one another.

The thing I enjoyed about creating these stories was the fact that as I move from story to story, I get to revisit the couples I've developed. As a reader, you are focusing on one story at a time, but you're able to see what the women are doing at that particular point in time. The books can be read out of order as they all stand alone, but they clearly connect to one another.

In A Love Stolen, we meet Lila and Trevor. Their beginning started out somewhat tragic and Lila ends up leaving Steeple. Six years later she returns to her hometown, her friends and Trevor. Can they find a way to rekindle their flame or where they nothing more than high school sweethearts?

Hopefully I'll have some news to share on this novella real soon;)

I'm halfway through book two and I've outlined book three.

A Love Discovered is Cali's story. Cali is the wild child of the group, but can an older, reclusive professor tame her?

A Love Unexpected is Jenson's story. She's the straight-laced girl of the trio, but what happens when she agrees to a one-night stand?

So, there we are. Three novellas, three women and three different stories. I hope you'll get lost in my words and identify with these girls as they find their HEA.

Stay tuned for details...






No comments:

Post a Comment