Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm...

My good friend and fellow author Tamaria Soana released a short story today to raise awareness about Domestic Violence. I'll let Tamaria tell you all about it...
 
***
To say it’s surreal to have my short story come light is an understatement. The vision for this story came months ago. I wanted to write a short story to raise awareness for Domestic Abuse. This cause is very near to my heart. I also wanted to find away to use my story to raise money for the cause. After a few phone calls I decided I needed to look no further than my own back yard. I live near Buffalo, New York and we have a wonderful woman’s shelter that has helped countess woman and children get back on their feet.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. I will donate 100% of the proceeds from The Calm Before the Storm in October to my local woman's shelter, and 50% for the life of the book.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The last two years of Erica Bloom’s life have been spent looking over her shoulder. Sawyer Marsh promised the day she filed for divorce and left him, that if he couldn't have her no one would. Even though Sawyer hasn’t contacted her in two years she’s still feared for her life. She remembers all too well the nightmare their marriage was and what it felt to be on the receiving end of his wrath.
The news of Sawyer’s engagement allows Erica to finally let her guard down and enjoy her new life and budding relationship with Brock Maxwell 
While away relaxing at Brock’s vacation home on the Willow Lake, the past comes back to haunt her. Were the past few years just the calm before the storm?
 

1 comment: