Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Meet the Author... Samara King


 What motivates Samara King the author? Why do you write?
     I am motivated by wanting to build a world of escapism mixed with a bit of reality for readers I love creating characters and seeing what trouble I can get them in. 
When did you know you were a writer? Was it always your destiny or did you stumble upon your craft by accident?
    I have to say that I stumbled into it, I think writing fiction was something I was always supposed to do. I knew I was a writer when that elated feeling of having created a scene with characters you’ve drawn out of your imagination popped.
What is your favorite genre to write and why?
   Romance fiction with an element of suspense, I love the heightened element of “what if’s.”
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
     I don’t write every day, more like every other day and in hour segments.
What did you do when you found out your first book had been contracted?
   I cried, it was a moment of achievement that I’m sure other authors have felt.
Tell us about your current release. My current release is Black Honey, in the SK MINIS Undressed Inc. anthology, in which the heroine Elle Taylor’s world is rocked when she discovers a notorious druglord is her father and in the process crosses paths with her ex-lover Durant Kane.

Blurb: BLACK HONEY by Samara King


Buy Link: http://www.amazon.com/UNDRESSED-INC-SK-MINIS-ebook/dp/B00677KE24/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_7

Who could she run to?
When Officer Elisha “Elle” Taylor finds out crime lord Monty “Black” Kearns was her father, there is only one man she can turn to in the midst of a deadly plot for revenge. The very man she’d sworn never to touch again. Durant Kane.
Leaning on her father's enforcer and her ex-lover seemed suicidal when the hit on her father was said to be ordered by his own people. Yet, the impulsive and heady sexual chemistry between them was undeniable.

 Do you have any upcoming projects in the works?
    Yes, I have a short Valentine’s Day story coming up, Wicked Valentine, as well as Black Honey II: Sweeter Than This, will be released in the new SK MINIs series, Dip Me In Chocolate
Where can readers connect with you?
***
 Thanks for joining us today.


No comments:

Post a Comment