Saturday, August 6, 2011

I just hit send!

I just submitted my first m/m erotic romance novel, Embracing the Unexpected and to quote one of my favorite characters, Inigo Montoya..."I hate waiting."


Some may say I'm in the wrong profession as waiting is an inevitable part of the process. I'll learn to get better!

So, why m/m you ask?  I'd been reading some really good m/m novels lately and thought I'd like to give writing my own a try. I had this story idea that wouldn't let go, so I gave it a shot. At first, I wasn't entirely sure I could pull it off. I'm going to be honest, I don't know much about gay relationships firsthand, but the deeper I got into the story the more I realized it had less to do with the fact that the two main characters were both male and more to do with their emotional connection to one another. The more I wrote the more their love for one another came through. I'm very pleased with the final product and hopefully I'll be able to share it with those of you who are interested in that particular genre.

Here's a little summary...

Successful attorney Parker Phillips has always been straight, he's just having some trouble finding the right girl. Dr. Jace Cross is comfortable in his sexuality but has been single for some time. When the two meet in a court appointed anger management course that Jace is teaching, sparks fly but Parker isn't willing to admit his feelings. Can the sexy doctor help him discover who he truly is? 

Until next time...




2 comments:

  1. I just had to say thank you for that snippet from the Princess Bride. It's one my all time favorite movies!! Also, I look forward to reading this book; regardless of the genre, since you wrote it, I'm sure it's excellent!
    mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Mara! And, The Princess Bride is one of my faves too! To this day my brother and I still quote the dialogue:)

    ReplyDelete