Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Welcome Bebe Balocca


Hi Ella, and thank you so much for having me over! Today I’m thrilled that my latest book, “Learning to Soar”, is available for general release. “Learning to Soar” is a contemporary erotic romance—no magic involved in this one, unless you count the enchanting ingenuity of sexually enhancing toys and accessories.

Chloe, an accountant, has been unable to reach the big O ever since her last serious boyfriend dumped her. It’s a sorry situation, so her friend Monica refers her to Damien, a sex therapist. Damien’s practice is unique—he works out of his nightclub, Volare, and enlists the aid of former clients in his sessions. If a client has some confidence issues, for example, Volare’s patrons help give her a boost. And if a client has problems getting satisfaction during sex, well, they’re happy to help with that, too.

Chloe’s flying high after her session with Damien, and is delighted that she’s found a new job as well. As the accountant and therapy assistant at Volare, she works in close quarters with Damien. His no-touch policy becomes a bit blurred, but it’s his heart that’s really torn. Can he let go of his own emotional baggage and launch into a meaningful relationship with Chloe?

I did some fun research for this book, including lots of online shopping for sex toys and reading the reviews. There’s a whole world of delights out there, and, as Chloe discovers, using them can launch you into the stratosphere.



Here’s an excerpt from “Learning to Soar”:

“Mind if I come in?” Damien asked.
“Sure thing, Boss,” Chloe called out. Damien entered and chuckled at the sight of Chloe. Her bare feet were propped on her desk and her hands folded behind her head. Damien looked every bit the hot, refined professional in his herringbone blazer, windowpane-patterned blue shirt, and slim khakis. “I just finished up,” Chloe announced, “and was putting my feet up. I feel like I finally earned my place here, if you don’t mind me saying so. You, Damien Walters, are now a financially organised small business owner. And I’d like to offer my congratulations on a hugely successful nightclub and therapy practice. You are solidly in the black.”
“Excellent.” He nodded. “You’re a fast, dedicated worker, Chloe. I knew it was a smart move hiring you. You’ll find a project bonus on your next pay check in appreciation for your efforts. Hang on just a sec, I’ll be right back.”
Chloe heard his footsteps enter his own office across the hall, pause a few moments as he rustled around, then return to her office.
He held a chilled bottle of champagne and two crystal flutes. “I know it’s only three-thirty,” he said, grinning wickedly, “but this seems like a good reason to celebrate, don’t you think?” He popped the cork with a practiced hand. “Besides, I know the owner here. He’ll let it slide this time.” He poured two glasses and handed one to Chloe.
She sipped and let her head fall back against the cushioned headrest of her chair.
Damien moved a chair beside her and placed his flute on the table after taking a sip. “I really am grateful for your hard work, Chloe,” he told her. Chloe wondered if he felt, as she did, the strong, invisible magnet that pulled them together. Even gravity worked against her—she felt the room tilt so that the only direction she could move was toward the inviting warmth of his chest. Chloe’s mouth went dry and her nipples tightened. She leaned towards him, breathless with hope that he felt a reciprocal pull toward her.
Damien’s face darkened in colour and his breath quickened. Chloe wanted to do a fist-pump and a victory lap. He feels it, too! I know he does!
He licked his lips and opened his mouth to speak, then dropped his gaze down to Chloe’s full lips. The corners of her mouth curved up. Damien looked away sharply toward the desktop, where Chloe’s two feet were propped.
“Something about you, Chloe, is making me want to bend my rules about mixing business with pleasure.” He swallowed, eyes fixed on Chloe’s delicately boned ankles. “And about, ah, touching.”
“The boss makes the rules, you know,” Chloe whispered. “And you’re the boss.” She rubbed her bare feet together, letting her toes trace a seductive trail down her other foot’s arch.
Damien cleared his throat and shook his head. He picked up her right foot and gave it a soft squeeze. “Can I reward you with a foot massage?” he asked.


Bebe’s site: http://bebebalocca.com


Bebe on Twitter: @BebeBalocca


About Bebe: I live in a teeny-tiny town in the southeastern United States, surrounded by rolling hills and lots of cows. My house is brimming with my rowdy sons, hot husband, and more pets than I can shake a stick at. When I close my eyes, though, I’m in a white stucco villa on the Mediterranean, sipping a glass of red wine and watching the turquoise waves crash at my feet. Next to my hot husband, naturally.

***

Thanks for joining us today!

Ella
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me over, Ella! I loved sharing this excerpt from Learning to Soar. I'm a sucker for a decadent foot rub. ;)

    ReplyDelete