Friday, May 11, 2012

Musings of Ella...


Happy Friday!

I'm so excited! Why, you ask? Because I'm going to see Dark Shadows tonight with my mom. I've been waiting two years for Johnny to embody Barnabas.



I really hope I'm not disappointed! I was too young for the series (I wasn't born), but my mom used to run home from school so she could catch it. She had a thing for Quentin the werewolf. Strangely, years later, I had a thing for Richard Channing on Falcon Crest. Quentin and Richard were one in the same. They were portrayed by David Selby who I hear has a cameo in the movie. Anyway, I used to watch the reruns of Dark Shadows on the SciFi network when I was in high school, so I'm really looking forward to this movie. Usually, you can't go wrong with Depp and Tim Burton.  

***
What has Ella the writer been up to?

I submitted Something More to my editor for consideration. I've been working on this 60k novel for the past two months and over the last few weeks, I really pushed it out and made it pretty. Its a contemporary "Cinderella-like" romance. I'll provide details as soon as I have them, but you may remember my inspiration for this one. Meet Brody Callahan, my hero...


Here's a little taste...

He brushed his lips along hers. "I won’t ask you to do anything you don’t want. Being close to you calms me. I just want to forget for a few minutes."
"I can make you forget everything," she spoke against his lips. "Will you let me?"
"Please." He moved his hand down the side of her body and rested it on her hip as he trailed his mouth down her neck. "Berries, you always smell like berries."

**Thud**

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll let you know how the movie was;)

Check back tomorrow when I post the next installment of my free read, Haven Shores.

Ella
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment