Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Lonely Dominant - Available Tomorrow!!!


I could stare at that cover all day. Oops, am I live?

Forgive me! I'm a little excited. Well, a lot more than a little. lol  The Lonely Dominant is releasing tomorrow. You have no idea how long I've waited for this one. Don't worry, I'm about to tell you.

About two years ago, I stumbled onto a big name Romance Paperback publisher's website and saw they were taking submissions for a brand new short (5-10K), erotic line they were launching for ePublication. I had no experience with eBooks. I'd never even read one back then, but the idea intrigued me. I saved the link to my favorites and tucked it somewhere in the back of my mind, saving it for a snowy day. In the winter of 2010, NJ was hit with its snowiest winter on record. We had storms we'd never seen before with snow amounts hitting crazy totals. I was also hit with the H1N1 virus. It attacked my lungs pretty severely and I ended up really sick.  It took me months to recover. Between being snowed in and laid up with flu, I had time to focus on writing.

And focus, I did. I worked on that little story every chance I got and was finally able to submit it by June. As I'd said, I had never done this sort of thing before and I really didn't know what to expect. As soon as I hit send, I received an auto email from the publisher confirming they'd received my work and it would take about six months to get an answer. Six months? Whoa! So, I went about my business of raising my kids and dealing with RL issues. I never thought to research other places or write anything else. I had absolutely no idea what was behind Door Number 2. I thought the big name publisher was the only one accepting eBook submissions. Boy, did I have tons of research ahead of me.

Once the kids were back in school that fall, I began poking around on the Internet and guess what I found? lol There were lots of options for an aspiring author. An aspiring author? Me? Really? I got serious and started putting the pen to the paper.  Writing, editing, rewriting and submitting. New story ideas came to fruition and right around the time I'd submitted Jocelyn's Choice, I received a rejection letter for The Lonely Dominant.

I didn't let it deter me. I was too excited with all the opportunities I'd found. After sleeping on it, I realized  the story I was trying to tell wasn't ever going to work as a 10K short. I'm a wordy thing. So, I went back to the drawing board and came up with the book that releases tomorrow. It's a long way from the short story I created so long ago, but I'm proud of it. I hope you enjoy it!

When I think of The Lonely Dominant, rejection and Swine Flu come to mind, but only briefly. The idea for that novel launched my writing journey. As of tomorrow, I'll have three published books out there, one is an Amazon Best seller. I could never have imagined that during that snowy winter not so long ago.

Ella
xoxo

Be sure to check back tomorrow for a Giveaway of The Lonely Dominant to celebrate the release!

No comments:

Post a Comment