Thursday, October 6, 2011

Meet The Author...Rachel Leigh


I'm happy to host author Rachel Leigh today. Author of Explicitly English and Coming Back.




Rachel Leigh lives in the UK and is married to her own sexy hero.  With two erotic romance novellas published and numerous short stories in UK national magazines, Rachel loves her job. Her next novella is about two Brits living in Greece…where things get hot, hot, hot!
When she isn’t writing, you can find her reading, watching American TV dramas. running around after her two daughters….or playing with her husband.
 What motivates Rachel Leigh the author? Why do you write?
 Writing is a compulsion to me, I HAVE to do it. If I go two days without writing, I am miserable and cranky. Ask my family! I love creating but I also love the editing process. I write whenever and wherever I can. It’s a joy rather than a job.
How did you get into eBook publishing?
 Completely by accident! I wrote a few erotic short stories because I wanted to, really for my own curiosity and pleasure but then my husband convinced me to try to get them published. I entered a few online contests and won first and second place positions. I was thrilled! After that, I had two stories published in a national UK magazine so I thought I’d try a publisher. The Wild Rose Press were recommended by a friend.
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
Rather than hours per day, I have a target of 1,000 words a day or if I am editing then 500 new words per day. As long as you write something, within a couple of months you will have a finished story. The good thing about writing, is you can do it anywhere. Waiting for your kids to finish football practice, at the doctor’s surgery, on the bus…yes, I am that person! ;)
What did you do when you found out your first book had been contracted?
Screamed the house down, seriously! I know I’d had short stories published but this was entirely different. This meant I could write longer and my stories would be read more widely. It was a fantastic feeling – plus I got my very first cover. Nothing beats that J
Do you have any words of inspiration to aspiring authors? What advice would you offer a writer trying to publish?
 Just keep going. Every word you write, you are practicing your craft. Writing is something you learn. Anybody can do it if they truly want to – accept that rejection is part of the process and keep going. Only people who give up never make it.
Tell us about your current release.
“Coming Back” is set in a small town in the UK and is a story of second chances. It is a true love story, full of angst, love and of course as this is erotic romance, red-hot loving!

Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean MacKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain. 
Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.
Buy Link:
 Do you have any upcoming projects in the works?
  I have nearly finished my latest novella – this one will be nearly three times the length of the first two at around 40,000 words. Here’s the working blurb:
Michelle Hutton leaves everything behind and flies from the UK to Greece in search of a new beginning. Her first encounter is with a sexy, pro-bono lawyer with a body that could adorn the cover of Playgirl. When they talk, he tells her his sister has a restaurant that desperately needs a new chef. Sam Clarke seems too good to be true. And Michelle doesn’t trust anyone else after being let down time and again by the people she loves. Including the mother she left behind. But damn, he’s hard to resist…
Sam Clarke is a busy man – a man on a mission to help women in jeopardy. So when a woman with hair like a sheet of gold and eyes bluer than the ocean walks into an airport bar needing help, what is he’s supposed to do? The electricity between them is hotter than a live wire and Sam soon learns Michelle is more than capable of demanding and getting what she wants. She doesn’t need him, he should walk away…yet time and again he goes back for more.
Where can readers connect with you?
***
Thanks for stopping by. Good Luck with the writing. You seem well on your way:)
Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment