Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm lost in my own words!



The muse won't leave! I'm not complaining. As I've said before, the plot bunnies have always hopped around inside my head and the voices were always there. Most people worry when they hear voices, but I worry when I don't hear the constant chattering. 

About a year ago, I started a story just to see if I could write a BDSM. I spent countless hours researching the subject, read more than a few articles and some light BDSM fics. I learned so much about this lifestyle, but the one thing I realized was I didn't want to write a hardcore D/s story. Not that there's anything wrong with that subject, but I just didn't think I could pull it off.  At the end of the day, I wanted a romance, so The Lonely Dominant was born. The more I wrote, the more I liked my little story. It had just enough BDSM elements to keep it sexy, but the underlying theme of love was prominant throughout.  So, I set a personal goal for myself...

Publish one book in 2011. I kept telling my husband, "This is my year!"

Secret - Shh...I really never thought it was my year, but I kept saying that to justify why I was hauled up in the guest bedroom every night writing.

Anyhoo...something exciting happened...I submitted Jocelyn's Choice and Noble Young Adult contracted it. Wow...I told you it was my year! lol

Then a week after Jocelyn's Choice releases I get a contract offer from Beachwalk Press for my second BDSM Romance Be My Everything. Unbelievable!

Now you're probably wondering what happened to The Lonely Dominant, the story that started this whole process?  I put it aside because I wanted to work on JC, but then Be My Everything popped into my head. I had this idea about a seasoned Dom who takes on an inexperienced sub against his better judgement, but sparks quickly fly inside and outside the playroom. I had to write it and since we now know the fate of that novel, I'm glad I did.

The Lonely Dominant is currently being held hostage in submissions, but that's okay. It got past the 1st round and a full ms was requested. I anxiously await that e-mail...you know the one.

In the meantime, I'm working on two novels. Embracing the Unexpected is my first attempt in the M/M genre. I've absolutely fallen in love with Parker and Jace and can't wait to share them with you. I'm about 50% of the way there. So, to quote my fellow/favorite New Jerseyian Bon Jovi, "We're Half Way There!" I'm hoping to have the manuscript ready for submission by mid-August.

The second story is called Passion's Pain and is a little more complex. It will also be the longest novel I've written to date. I'm still working out the kinks, but I like what I've come up with so far.  I'll keep you updated on my progress from time to time.

Since my first goal of 2011 worked out so well, I'm setting another one for myself...

Third Time is a Charm! 

I need to make 2011 my Triple Crown year, but if I don't, it's all good. I'll keep typing away and listening to those voices inside my head. They haven't steered me wrong yet!

Have a great day!

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment