Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Weekend Proposition is getting a... SEQUEL!

Have you heard the news? One of my most popular books is getting a sequel!



The Weekend Proposition was one of those books that came to me out of nowhere. I didn't have it scheduled to write and hadn't planned on squeezing it into my schedule. Sometimes those are the best books. It ended up being a favorite among readers and reviewers. People would often ask me if I was planning on writing any more with these characters. I normally don't like to do more books with the same main characters in a series because I want readers to be able to pick up any book in a given series and be able to read it without having to read the previous books. With the way I had set up The Weekend Proposition I felt I couldn't continue Spencer and Coda's story without the reader having to read book one.

So, what could I do? Write a sequel and tell Spencer's brother Tyler's story. This way the reader gets to see what happens between Spencer and Coda and I get to write about another devilishly charming Cannon man. SCORE!

The sequel is tentatively titled The Weekend Surprise. I've outlined the book but I'm in the planning stages so I don't have a summary yet. I can tell you that the book opens with a wedding. Can you guess who the bride and groom are?

If you read The Weekend Proposition, you know them well ;)

Here's the blurb for The Weekend Proposition...

One weekend—no strings, no expectations, and no commitments. On Sunday afternoon it all ends, or does it?

No-nonsense businessman Spencer Cannon has a dilemma. He's headed to Connecticut for the weekend to attend his cousin's elaborate wedding. His whole family will be there in addition to his obsessed ex-girlfriend Ava. According to Spencer's brother, Ava has been telling her friends she's planning a magical reunion with her favorite ex-boyfriend. Spencer's not in the mood to deal with her, but he can't miss the wedding. He needs a plan.

Struggling Brooklyn waitress and aspiring graphic designer Dakota Vercelli has fallen on hard times. College debts, pending eviction, and her sick mother are taking a toll on her. A chance encounter with Mr. Cannon, CEO of Cannon and Carrington Advertising, leads to a proposition that may be just the thing to solve both of their problems. Spencer's offer—spend four days with him during the wedding festivities and keep his ex off his trail. In return, he'll compensate her generously for her time. He needs a weekend girlfriend, and Dakota needs the cash.

It was just supposed to be a business deal, but after sharing a room, kissing under the stars, and attending a wedding, their attraction is undeniable. Will the illusion end when the weekend is over or is the proposition just the beginning?

Content Warning: contains mature language and graphic sexual content

Available now




No comments:

Post a Comment