Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's finally flowing... what took me so long?



I'm currently working on book 2 in the Pleasure Inn series. As you know Master of the Inn was the first installment in the series. That novella kicked off the series and set the stage. It was supposed to be the longest book in the series (it's 25k). The books to follow were outlined to be around 12-15k. They were going to feature couples spending the weekend at Pleasure Inn. Logan and Elyse (the innkeepers) are featured in every book so the readers get to follow their love story as well. The couple would also do their best to make each guests fantasy a reality. 

It all sounded so great in my head. I have all of these ideas and scenarios of these fun and sexy couples. The possibilities are endless. What's taking me so long?

I've struggled a bit with the premise. Well, not so much the premise but the idea of these sexy shorts. The way I set this up was so that we'd get a glimpse into a couple as they spent a steamy, erotic weekend at the Inn. An escape. These stories were never meant to be full length novels. While Master of the Inn has been well received, some of the feedback/reviews I've received whether they were five star or one star (yes, I got a couple of those, lol) were that they wanted the story to be longer. Now, I realize that's not a bad problem to have. When a reader wants more, that's a win. A huge compliment. But, here lies the problem, if Master of the Inn was too short, what happens with the rest of the series? Will they be enough to satisfy the appetite?

See my dilemma? I want to give the reader what they want. I appreciate all feedback. But, I want to stay true to my original vision. In the end, I decided to keep the series as outlined. The reader will still get more Logan and Elyse as they are in every book that follows. I even have a special Christmas one planned for them. I hope most of you will take to my sexy idea and follow the series as I envisioned it. I promise to give you the most engaging books I can write. Maybe once I have a few more released people will get what I'm doing. I swear it all makes sense in my head. lol I hope to have Indulging the Professor to my editor very soon. Wait until you meet Professor Santos. Hot, Latin, educated and just the right amount of dirty...

Have you checked out Master of the Inn?



Pleasure Inn… Where all of your fantasies become reality.

Executive chef Elyse Clapton has had it with city life. She’s spent the last few years building her cheating boyfriend’s trendy New York City restaurant into a success. When their relationship ends, so does her desire to be in his kitchen. She flees to a quaint inn she remembers visiting as a child. She gets more than she bargains for when she meets the sexy, reclusive inn keeper.

Handyman Logan Cole inherited Pleasure Inn against his wishes. Ever since he got caught up in a scandal involving another man’s wife, he keeps to himself – finding solace in a bottle. He didn’t realize how lonely he’d become until Elyse shows up on his porch. He’s instantly drawn to her and convinces her to stay at the Bed and Breakfast.

Elyse comes to town looking for a getaway. She never expects to fall for Logan. It doesn’t take her long to believe the inn’s motto. Logan’s dominance in the bedroom makes all of her fantasies a reality.
Book One in the Pleasure Inn Series

***

I'll post the blurb and excerpt of book 2 soon:)

Thanks for all of your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment