Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Next Big Thing...

 
Last week my fellow erotic romance author Laurie Roma tagged me in her Next Big Thing (http://laurieroma.blogspot.com/) so this week it's my turn. The idea is that I answer ten questions about my latest project (My Next Big Thing) and tag more authors who will talk about their next big thing next week.


 
What is the title of your book?
 


How did you come by the idea?
 
I wanted to do a series featuring different couples who indulge in weekend getaways at one destination. Master of the Inn sets the stage for the Pleasure Inn Series.

What genre does your book fall under?
 
Erotic, contemporary Romance
 

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
 
Pleasure Inn... where all of your fantasies become reality.  

Will your book be self-published or traditional?
 
This one is actually my first shot at self-pubbing. I wanted to have control over the release schedules and promo opportunities with each book within the series.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
 
About two months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
 
I can only compare it to my own work. It's like Make Me Stay; a romance at the core with BDSM elements blended in. It also contains a strong, dominant hero.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
 
Logan... the book's hero.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
 
All the books will take place at Pleasure Inn and can be read in any order, but Master of the Inn establishes the setting for the entire series. Before I could properly tell each story, I needed to introduce you to Logan and Elyse and explain how the inn came to be.
 
The Innkeepers, Logan and Elyse, will spend their weekends indulging patrons of the Bed and Breakfast in their unique fantasies. It could be a first time getaway, lovers reconnecting or celebrating a special occasion. I have so many planned. The possibilities are endless.
 
This undertaking is like none I've tried before. I know when I fall in love with a couple in a romance novel, I always want more. I often wonder, what are they doing? Are they married? Did they have a baby? This series was a way for me to keep you invested in my couple while introducing you to the many other lovers who take up residence in my head.
 
Thanks for playing along with me. Master of the Inn is available now.
 
Check out my fellow authors to see if they have "The Next Big Thing" going on;)
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. This series sound great! It will definitely go on my TBR. Do you have more posts on your self-publishing experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!I'm having a really fun time coming up with all of the plots and characters in this series. I haven't posted anything on my experience since this is so new but I have some blog posts planned.

      Delete