Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Little Engine that Could... Passion's Pain.

 
The idea for Passion’s Pain has been with me for a few years, but it was one of those books that I kept putting on the back burner. The characters spoke prominently to me, but I just didn’t think I could pull this one off. I’m really glad I changed my mind.
Passion’s Pain is an unconventional romance and I’ve created a triangle you don’t see often. As a matter of fact, when I began to pitch the story, I was told it wouldn’t work. One publisher went as far as to contract it, acquisitions loved the plot, but when it got to edits, the editor said it wasn’t mainstream enough and romance readers weren’t going to take to it. They asked me to cut my 72k novel into a 35k novella. Needless to say, I asked for my rights back. I didn’t begrudge the publisher for their opinion, but something inside me couldn’t abandon this story. I put the book aside, feeling discouraged and worked on other projects. My novel was always on my mind, so I decided to sub it out again. And, the rest is history.
 
 
Passion’s Pain is a love story at the core, but it’s also a journey of a young woman who falls on some hard times. Often when we’re young, we make mistakes especially when it comes to love. Lilli, my heroine, hits a rough patch, but when she meets Jackson, an intriguing, older stranger, she’s mislead into believing he’s the answer to her problems. When she moves into his house, she realizes he isn’t what he seems. Lilli tries to make the best of it, hoping Jackson is the man she needs him to be. Things get complicated when Jackson’s son Cameron expresses interest in Lilli. The two went to high school together and each had a secret crush on the other. Lilli would never betray Jackson. Cameron tries to fight his feelings for Lilli, but when things are meant to be sometimes it can’t be helped. Lilli has to come to terms with her decisions and decide which path to choose.
As you can see, my romance is a bit different than what you may be used to, but there is a strong love story throughout. I hope that you enjoy my characters as much as I loved created them. Even Jackson, my villain, holds a special place in my heart. You’ll see why if you read Passion’s Pain.
Blurb
One woman…two men. Who will she choose? The father or the son?
Lilli Daniels has been down on her luck for quite some time. She's been homeless, hungry and alone for far too long. When an intriguing, older stranger enters the strip club where she's waitressing her life takes on a new direction.
Successful attorney Jackson Avis maintains complete control of every aspect in his life. When he lays eyes on the beautiful, young Lilli he's captivated and has to have her. He tempts her with a life of privilege and security. He introduces her to a world she never knew existed. Complications arise when Jackson's son and aspiring doctor Cameron expresses an interest in his father's girlfriend.
Lilli fights the attraction, but Cameron wants to give into his heart's desire. He's the complete opposite of his controlling, manipulative father and will stop at nothing to protect the woman he's falling in love with.
Sometimes life leads you down one path only to bring you to your true destiny. Can Lilli come to terms and figure out exactly who her heart belongs to?
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment