Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Meet the Author ... Elizabeth Morgan


I'm thrilled to have fellow Noble Romance Author Elizabeth Morgan with me today!

What motivates Elizabeth Morgan the author? Why do you write?
I write because I love it. I love having a new idea. I love working on a project and having a goal.
Also, because I have crazy dreams that I find interesting, and mainly because I have so many ideas in my head that I need to get them out. I think that I have these ideas, because I’m supposed to write, and ignoring them would be an insult to why I have them, if that makes sense?
When did you know you were a writer? Was it always your destiny or did you stumble upon your craft by accident?
I’m a writer? :-P Honestly, I stumbled, a lot. I wrote stories and poems all the way through school and it was just a hobby. When I was a teenager I even had a fanfic site based on an English band called, Busted. When I was in college I began writing scripts, but they always had too much detail in them, so in 2009 I decided to sit down and write a book. And four years later I have four books published, one due for release, and two contracted. I absolutely love writing, so I’m glad there was lots of stumbling. Everything happens when it is supposed to.  J
What is your favorite genre to write and why?
My favourite genre to write is paranormal, because it is limitless. There are so many supernatural creatures and myths etc. that a writer can just play with; adapt and recreate. I think paranormal – fantasy and futuristic/sci-fi – give a writer a lot of room to play. And I really like to play. :-p
Is there a particular genre you haven't tried but what like to? What is it and why?
Fantasy, in any shape or form, because I just really like the magical side of things. I’ve always loved stories like Merlin, and the labyrinth, and legend. I want to play in a world like that and I hope to, one day. I have an idea simmering away in the back of my mind. It’s just finding the time to write it.
How did you get into eBook publishing?
I submitted one or two things to literary agents, but I didn’t have a lot of luck. So, I started looking at Epublishers and reading their submission guidelines and I basically found that there was a lot more breathing room to be creative and daring. So, I decided to submit a few stories and hope for the best. Luckily the lovely acquisition editors like my stuff enough to recommend me and offer me some contracts. J
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
Not enough as I would like, but yes, I do have to write when the mood strikes. I find forcing myself to write doesn’t help me. But, when I’m in the mood, well, the day slips by and I feel like a genius. Ha. Those are good days and when I’m lucky I can knock a 20k book out in a week or two.
Is there a certain aspect of the story you begin with? Do you create the characters first or do you come up with the plot?
I usually meet the characters first and they will give me the basics. I’m a huge panster so I usually only have the general idea and flow of the story; I know how it begins and where I need to get to, and how it will end. But I basically just sit down, write, and make notes as I go. I’m a very naughty writer.
Who is your favorite author? And, if given the opportunity to meet them, what would you ask them?
Oh gosh, I have so many fave authors; Kelley Armstrong, Patricia Briggs, Ilona Andrews, Moira Rogers, Meljean Brook, Lara Adrian and Jill Myles, all being the top lot. I think I would ask them the same thing, “may I borrow your brains?” I don’t think they would stick round for long to chat after that opening statement, though.
What did you do when you found out your first book had been contracted?
I screamed and nearly gave my cats a heart attack. I now make squeaking noises while attempting a combination of the running man and the funky chicken; that just frightens them slightly. :-P
Do you have any words of inspiration to aspiring authors? What advice would you offer a writer trying to publish?
Doubting yourself is normal. So, the piece of advice I would give you is, if you love writing, and would prefer to write then do anything else in the entire world, to hell with your doubts.
Believe in yourself. Believe in your work. And if just one person loves your work, then you have done your job. You have given someone a great adventure and a break from reality. Be proud of yourself.
What elements must a romance story have for you to fall in love with it?
Humour, sizzling tension, kisses that are as hot as hell, and enough passion to blow my socks off. I don’t ask for much really, do I? lol
Honestly, I’m a big romantic and I adore love stories. So, nine out of ten times I will love the romance story no matter what.

Tell us about your current release.


Cranberry Blood is the first book in The Blood Series and the sequel to She-Wolf (The Blood Series Prequel). It is set six weeks after She-Wolf and is a continuation of the events that began in The Blood Prequel. She-Wolf was mainly focused around the Pack and was more of a love story between two Werewolves, Owen and Clare, whereas Cranberry Blood is more of an action story not to mention the beginning of an interesting relationship between the hero and heroine who both have serious issues.
The story is about Heather who is a Vampire Slayer with a really inconvenient addiction, and Brendan the copper haired, emerald eyed, moody yet delicious Werewolf who has been sent to help her with her insane mission.
Blood, fangs, fur, sarcasm, irony, and a heck of a lot of silver . . . . Things are about to get crazy.
Cranberry Blood Blurb:
Killing Vampires? Easy. Tracking someone? Simple. Helping, and protecting a Vampire slayer... Bloody hard work!
Thirteen years ago, Brendan Daniels made a deal with a psychic. In exchange for information on the whereabouts of a Rogue Werewolf, he promised to help and protect Sofia's granddaughter. Unfortunately, he had no idea what he was getting himself, or his Pack, into.
Nothing about Heather is simple, from her weird dietary needs to her life’s mission. The girl can handle herself, but the promise to protect her soon becomes a need, and one that he can't fully understand.
Vampire Slayer. Born Infected. Blood addict... but not by choice.
Heather Ryan is the most recent slayer in a long family line. Like all before her, she has spent her life searching for her ancestor, Marko Pavel, the Vampire her family has sworn to kill. If that isn't complicated enough, Heather is also a born "Infected", and to keep her from becoming insane or giving in to her darker side, she is on a very strict diet.
Grandmother Sofia has passed, so now it is up to Heather to take the family legacy into her own hands, all alone: or at least, it would have been, if her Grandmother hadn't sent a Werewolf to help her.
What is the irritating Brendan supposed to help Heather with? Sofia never told either one of them. But it doesn't take long for Heather and Brendan to find out that the Vampires have big plans, and that the fiends have waited a long time for them both.
Do you have any upcoming projects in the works?
I do! My next book is called Stepping Stones. It is a sweet contemporary romance and it will be released with Noble Romance Publishing on August 6th. I know, less than a month to go! J
Stepping Stones is actually the first story I have written that is sweet and literally innocent compared to the content of She-Wolf and Cranberry Blood. The idea for the story actually came to me in a dream. I was Maggie in the dream so I got to know her and how she felt pretty well.
So, for anyone who likes sweeter romances, this might be a story for you. J
Stepping Stones Blurb:
There's nothing like a wedding to bring the family together . . . .
And if it wasn't her baby sister’s wedding, Margaret West, wouldn't be returning home at all.
Why else would she go back after six years knowing full well that she had people to face, and explanations to give?
If her parent’s interrogation wasn't bad enough, the fact that she has to be civil to her foster brother, Adrian, is. Best friends since childhood, they haven't spoken since he went to America . . . . The day before Margaret was supposed to be getting married. And to make matters worse, her ex-fiancĂ©e, William, is the Reverend who will be conducting her sister’s wedding ceremony!
All want an answer from her, and they aren't taking no as one of them. Why did she run in the first place? Why has she been so angry with, Adrian? Why didn't she marry, William?
Margaret isn't even sure she knows the real reasons any more.
Available from Noble Romance Publishing on August 6th 2012.
Where can readers connect with you?
 I’m pretty much everywhere. J
***
Thanks so much for joining us today. I can't wait to check out Cranberry Blood;)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting me come hang out with you and your readers, Ella. I had fun. :-D

    ReplyDelete