Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Meet Eiko La Boria


Please welcome author Eiko La Boria to the mix today. She's talking about her debut novel The Fame Shame Game.

A fictionalized erotic parody inspired by life in the Hollywood fast lane!

Eiko La Boria was born in Santurce, Puerto Rico. She was named after the character, Eiko Tanaka, in director Sydney Pollack's film, The Yakuza. She is a relative of the beloved Puerto Rican poet, Juan Boria. She studied screenwriting under Academy Award nominee, Professor Jamal Joseph, of Columbia University. She is of Cuban, Spanish, and Moroccan descent and The Fame Shame Game: The Debut is her debut novel.

***

When did you know you were a writer? Was it always your destiny or did you stumble upon your craft by accident?

 I’ve  always been creative, either with my mind, my hands, or with performance art, dancing, and acting. I was young when I realized that I was a writer, it happened one day, when I was play acting in a mirror and I began writing what I would say next, I would look at the paper, recite the words, and then immediately scratch it out and rewrite, little did I know that this would become a lifelong endeavor. As a teenager, I won a handful of writing awards, my stories were always quirky, offbeat, and yearned to tell a story in a way that it had never been told. I always wanted to invent a new form, style, or genre-creating a masterpiece with these elements was always the challenge at hand.

What is your favorite genre to write and why?

I don’t have a particular genre, per se, that is my favorite. I like to tell stories inspired by true life and true events. Although The Fame Shame Game: The Debut is an erotic parody, I don’t consider myself an erotica writer. I just happen to have visited Los Angeles and various film festivals and became enthralled by how big a role sex plays in everything. The amount of actresses and actors willing to do just about anything to achieve fame, even if that means, in a sense prostituting their souls to achieve it-is pretty funny to me, so therefore the idea for The Fame Shame Game was born. I think reality is a lot more intriguing than anything, which can be conjured. Therefore, I like to take reality and reinvent it, write it in the way, I would like or would have liked for things to transpire. 

Is there a certain aspect of the story you begin with? Do you create the characters first or do you come up with the plot?

 I don’t know really...I’ve never paid attention to all the details of what occurs when I write. I do know that it starts with a rhythm, a musical beat that plays over and over in my head. When I write, I do it to a beat in my head and the words must go with the flow of the beat. I think this is why I also write original songs to the stories, because I hear these melodies in my head throughout and after awhile, I must write lyrics and bring these beats to life. Once, I write the music that accompanies the story and the story comes to an end, another beat develops and so does another story. 

Tell us about the most intriguing character you've created.

There were many influences and intriguing characters in this story. I’ve met many actresses that are in the Hollywood grind, some are eternally optimistic, there are those that are jaded, those that retain their sense of worth no-matter-what, some that are obsessed with fame and willing to do whatever it takes to make it. There are some stories that scared me to death, because of the boundaries some women are willing to cross, in order, to have the promise of fame. Some women will say that men control Hollywood and that as a woman in Hollywood you must endure the advances that men perpetuate. While this is true-that men currently rule, I’m from the school of philosophy that says that the only thing a man can get away with, especially sexually, is that which you allow him to get away with. Therefore, it’s these women, that really have no self-respect and dignity for themselves, that inspired me to tell the story of a woman that is the complete opposite. And although Lana will falter before she realizes that she must use her own power to succeed, she ultimately does.

Do you have any words of inspiration to aspiring authors? What advice would you offer a writer trying to publish?

 As a screenwriter, I’ve learned that it takes an awful lot of ingredients to take a script from paper to film. You must have someone read your script, like it enough to option the rights, and the fortitude to raise fund and/or shop it to studios, after all that, there is no guarantee that the story will ever see the light of day. I didn’t want to wait for that one person that may never arrive to tell my stories. I have many stories to tell, all different from the other, that I wanted to write my stories and make them as close to a movie as I could and then share them with the people. The everyday people, that get up to drive or commute to work everyday, work hard to maintain their families, take care of their neighbors as best they can, the ones that don’t have that much themselves but manage to care about the less fortunate enough to donate food or clothing to shelters. I wanted to reach them and share my stories with them, because at the end of the day, I too am everyday people. I’ve gone to a number of fancy shindigs over the years and the truth is that I feel infinitely more comfortable speaking with the bathroom attendant than with a movie star. And that’s what I learned most about writing that the ability to reach people, people that you walk amongst everyday, is a privilege and a gift.
Please complete this whole portion…

Tell us about your current release.

 The Fame Shame Game: The Debut is an illustrated erotic parody. The restless spirits of Hollywood are creating their usual brand of mischief when they take special notice of the newly arrived Lana De Luna, an aspiring movie star. Lana has a face and body created for sex and an overpowering voice in her head that beckons her to take no prisoners–in vain, she tries to subdue the voice as it urges her to have but one goal, make it to the top of Hollywood by any means necessary–instead she falls in love with the callous and handsome rake, Morton Cay, who reduces her to shambles, thrusting Lana to finally heed the echoing almighty voice and transform into the most ruthless player in the game–looming souls laud her new ambition–bringing Morton Cay and all of her detractors to their grimy knees!

Adult Excerpt...

There is a sex-drenched stench dancing in the room. The stench is not easily perceptible, but the moment a breath is inhaled, she can taste the sweat in the air.

    The exotic blonde with dark eyes knows the taste, and she does not like it. She smirks, knowing that sweat has no business lingering in this office. The rug should not emit body odor. The walls should not be stained. And the moans that are muffled, but still heard, echo in her head.

    She had been prepared to play survival of the fittest, but had no idea that her first prey would come so easily, would show itself without hesitation. The exotic blonde with dark eyes relishes the thought of meeting the stranger she had met many times before.

    She knocks once, twice, and on the third knock she pushes the door open. A barely legal girl kneels in front of an inflated man with too much chest hair and too small a penis. The man sits back, trying to enjoy every second—but it’s hard to enjoy a blowjob when the dick keeps slipping out of its proper grip. On the desk sits a brass nameplate: Donovan Duke, Talent Manager. The brass is as old and dingy as Mr. Duke. His desk is riddled with scripts, pictures, and empty Astroglide tubes. The young girl is an amateur, especially with a small dick. She sloppily sucks it, trying her hardest to maintain a rhythm—up, down, lick—but it is all mechanical. She is not an experienced penile pleasurer, and does not enjoying sucking dick as much as she should.

“You’re going to be a superstar, baby,” Mr. Duke moans.

Mr. Duke continues to moan. The young starlet stops gratifying for one second and, with the sweetest eyes, looks up at him.

“Do you really think so, Mr. Duke?”

“Yeah, I do, you don’t gag and I can’t feel your teeth.”

“Mr. Duke, I was talking…”

“Don’t! Don’t talk! Don’t talk! Just suck!”

The starlet returns to the task with renewed fervor. She knows when to gag and when not to—after all, she’s a size 2. The exotic blonde with dark eyes examines the situation.Part of her wants to run over to the young girl and tell her to stop, and another part wants to show her how
it’s done.

Fuck it, the blonde says to herself.

She’ll save her skills for a better time and a better man. This time, she knocks hard enough for the fellatio entangled duo to hear it. Mr. Duke springs from his chair, and the poor girl, not ready to let go of his badly proportioned manhood, starts to spring upward, too. Mr. Duke is
not happy at the interruption, but the moment he lays eyes on the exotic blonde, the unhappiness disappears. He throws his jacket over the young girl’s head; she bobs up and down as she continues her duty undercover. Mr. Duke holds her head and whispers:

“Just lick my balls.”

He repositions himself and yells at the exotic blonde:

“And who the fuck are you?”

“Excuse me, Mr. Duke, you told me to come straight away as soon as I arrived in LA. I’m Lana! Lana De Luna!”

“Yes, of course you are. You’re even better in person. Listen, I’m having a quick meeting here—why don’t you come back in about an hour?”

Mr. Duke studies Lana. She’s wearing a plain tee, jeans, and thong sandals. There is nothing extravagant about her, except her beauty. When you’re a beautiful woman, you don’t
need to accessorize. The only thing you need is the favor of Father Time and the hope that he will preserve your beauty by allowing it to fade gracefully.

“An hour? Are you sure you need that long?” purrs Lana.

“Yeah, I do, so come back in an hour, but lock the fucking door on your way out.”

Now Lana studies Mr. Duke. Although the young girl is licking his testicles, Lana knows she’s the one who will soon have him by the balls.

Buy Link:


 Do you have any upcoming projects in the works?

A- Thank you for asking this question...yes, and it’s completely different than TFSG. I’ve written Class of Beslan, which is also an illustrated story. It’s about a group of children that survive the 2004 school siege in Beslan, Russia by Chechen rebels that left over 150 children dead. The group of survivors subsequently make a pact to take revenge on the rebels that destroyed their lives. Although the story itself is fiction, it’s inspired by a true event.  Class of Beslan will be out later this year.


Where can readers connect with you?


Please e-mail me directly at: classifiedimagination@gmail.com with any questions or just to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment