Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Inspiration Brody! My new WIP...


Ella's Inspired...

I've been in the writing cave for two weeks and I've gotten lots accomplished on my new WIP Something More. I have a little over 40k written on what is expected to be a 60-65k novel. That's my longest one to date.

I love all of my men in my books. How could I not? I make them think, speak and love;) They ask for directions, don't leave the toilet seat up, and they all have some mad bedroom skillz. See...what's not to love?

But I digress... This time I've created a man who has totally stolen my heart. Brody Callahan is loving, sensitive and loyal to Claudia, the girl who has captivated him. Brody is President of Callahan Industries. His father left the company in Brody's hands when he died five years before. Brody was just twenty-seven years old and was faced with much criticism from the board. He also had to battle his stepmother at every turn because she was upset her son, Brody's half-brother, Gavin wasn't made a full partner upon her husband's death. Brody has every intention of making his irresponsible sibling a partner once he can prove he's capable.

Now at thirty-two, Brody realizes he's done nothing but work the past ten years. He didn't realize he'd been missing out on anything until he finds Claudia, the family housekeeper, asleep in a guest bedroom. He is instantly drawn to his very own Sleeping Beauty. There is something about this lonely, scared girl that calls to him. He knows she's hiding something, but what?

The more he gets to know her, the deeper he falls for her. He's determined to wait her out. If he can get her to trust him enough, eventually she'll open up.

Will Claudia's secret destroy any chances of a future together? Can they have something more?

Brody is in for one hell of a shock!

***

Something More has been on my mind for weeks. I can't type fast enough. I had to skip ahead and write the ending because it wouldn't leave me alone.

I've set a personal deadline for myself too. I plan to have this finished and subbed by the end of the month. Wish me luck!

***
Ella

Stay Inspired...








2 comments:

  1. Brody sounds very sexy.. I loo forward to this story when it comes out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Savannah! I'm in love with Brody. lol

      Have a great day!

      Delete