Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meet the Author... T.D. Jones


What motivates T.D. Jones the author? Why do you write?
Readers motivate me. I want to produce something that they will go away and say, “That was the best book ever.”
Writing to me is a way I can talk with my heart. It speaks when I can’t say what I want to say. I love books. I love the smell of libraries when you walk in the door, always have.
When did you know you were a writer? Was it always your destiny or did you stumble upon your craft by accident?
I really think it was in my destiny due to I have thought about it and did ‘closet writing’ forever. But then when I started getting closer to around 48 I said either do it or give up that dream and move it. Once I decided that it was like I gave myself permission to write and make mistakes and just keep trying till it happened.
What is your favorite genre to write and why?
I love family drama with humor and romance always plays a part in there somewhere. I think I like knowing that people aren’t perfect and there is love out for there for everyone.
How did you get into eBook publishing?
I wrote my first book Hot Days and Melange-books gave me a chance. I really didn’t even know about e-books till then. But now it has opened up a whole new world. I love my kindle and think everyone should own one.
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
I work at a hospital full time so I write at night and most of my weekend are devoted to some writing. I don’t have any kids at home so that helps a lot.
Tell us about the most intriguing character you've created.
     I love Sheriff Will Tanner from Cockeyed Cowboy. He’s thinks like a man and what women doesn’t love to think for their man!
Who is your favorite author? And, if given the opportunity to meet them, what would you ask them?
Right now it Janet Evanovich. I love her humor. That humor has to come from somewhere within her so I think she would be a hoot to hang out with.
What did you do when you found out your first book had been contracted?
I was ironing my scrubs for work and when I saw the e-mail, I read it and cried. I nearly burnt my scrubs due to I was e-mailing the publisher back asking to make sure she had the right person.
Has there been a person or influence in your life that has helped you reach your writing goals?
    My Aunt Hazel. She is my muse. She says the craziest stuff that makes me think ‘what if’
Do you have any words of inspiration to aspiring authors? What advice would you offer a writer trying to publish?
 Never let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. I’m a firm believer in the power of vision. If you can vision yourself writing a book, then you can do it. It’s hard work and there will be times when you want to give up but if you really are meant to be a published author it will happen.

Tell us about your current release.
Coming Up For Air is a sweet romance about Maggie Dawson and Kevin Walker.

Maggie Dawson was left at the altar at the young age of eighteen. Now years later Kevin Walker is back in town and Maggie’s life is turned upside down. She is determined not to fall in love with this guy for a second time. He broke her heart once, she is not letting him do it again or is she?                                                                                          
Kevin Walker comes back to Clover, Texas to sell the family ranch and never expects to run into Maggie, who is now the town doctor. He starts to fall in love with her again, but will she let him in?         
Maggie always had a secret thought deep down in her heart that someday Kevin would come back to her. He would say he was sorry for leaving, and everything would be wonderful. They would live happily ever after like in the fairy tales. Never in the fairy tale did she dream that her prince would come back to town, and bring his pregnant fiancée with him.

                Also on Amazon soon.

 Do you have any upcoming projects in the works?
  I have Salem’s World and Wrangled Hearts and Dangerous Game coming up pretty much back to back starting in March.
Where can readers connect with you?
facebook-TD Jones-Author


Thanks for having me.
***
 Thanks for taking the time to join us. Good luck with the upcoming releases.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me here today. I hope everyone has a great day!
    Love T.D. Jones

    ReplyDelete