Monday, January 30, 2012

There are edits in the air...in the air...

...and on the dining room table, living room floor, kitchen counter and the middle of my bed. My laptop, notes and phone keep following me from room to room.

I completed first round edits for my March release, Crossfire of Love, with Beachwalk Press. I sent them back to my editor and then like a Gremlin my upcoming release, Passion's Pain, with Liquid Silver Books showed up in my in-box. Funny how that happens;)

I happened to be on g-chat with my good friend and fellow Beachwalk Press author Tamaria Soana when I opened the edits. I was a little overwhelmed as I always am when I see the comments for the first time. I'm neurotic, I won't lie. She made me this...



I keep looking at it every time I think I might want to jump of the ledge. I've worked rather diligently today. I've made lots of progress and the manuscript is looking good. Funny how that happens too. Writing is rewriting, or so I've learned. You write, edit, polish, add, delete, write some more and then before you know it, you have the finished product. Something you can be proud to put your name on.

So, writers... when you're totally stressed, take a deep breath, relax and keep going. It'll all be worth it.

If you're wondering where I got the title for this post, once upon a time, not so long ago... I used to take my kids to Gymboree and we would sing, "There are bubbles in the air, in the air, there are bubbles in the air in the air..."

This video is not of me or my kids. I just googled  the song and found it on You Tube. You can find everything on there.



Have a great day. I'm off to a hot shower and then I'll get back to it.

Ella
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment