Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meet The Author...Paige Tyler


Today help me extend a warm welcome to author Paige Tyler. She's got several releases and some useful words of wisdom to share with us.

Paige Tyler is a full-time, multi-published, award-winning writer of erotic romance. She loves writing about strong, sexy, alpha males and the feisty, independent women who fall for them. From verbal foreplay to sexual heat, her wickedly hot stories of romance, adventure, passion and true love will bring a blush to your cheeks and leave you breathlessly panting for more!

Look for her stories at Ellora's Cave, Whiskey Creek Press Torrid and Blushing Books, as well as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks.


***

 What motivates Paige Tyler the author? Why do you write?

 First and foremost? Because I love it. I've loved it since I was a kid in elementary school. I love coming up with characters and bringing them to life by telling their stories. And I absolutely love making readers happy!
 
What is your favorite genre to write and why?

 Can "spanking" be called a genre? It's no secret that I love to write about that! LOL! I write whatever genre supports the story best. That could be contemporary, paranormal, western, historical, sci-fi, BDSM. And if I can include a little spanking in the ones that aren't BDSM, then so much the better! Right now, I'm really into writing cowboy romances, but paranormal is my passion. 

Ella interjects - I'm currently writing a spanking scene so I feel ya. ;) 

How did you get into eBook publishing?

I always wanted to be a writer, but as we all know, getting into NY can be hard, particularly if you've never been published before. While I was browsing the net looking for something sexy to read, I came across a site that published ebooks. Novice that I was, I'd never heard of ebooks. I eagerly checked them out, and after reading the free excerpts, I said to myself, "hey, I can write like that." So, I wrote a book called SAMANTHA AND THE DETECTIVE and submitted it to the publisher. They loved it and it's still selling today. That was how I got my start!
 
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
 I write every day.  During the week, I start after my hubby goes to work, and on the weekends, I fit in several hours here and there.
 
Tell us about the most intriguing character you've created.

 They're all so unique and compelling in thir own way that it's hard to pick one character. That said, though, I'm going to have to go with Drake Parrish, the hero from my paranormal erotic romance DEAD SEXY. Why did I pick him? Well, he's a part-time zombie. Now, before you run screaming at the word "zombie," just hear me out. First, he isn't always in zombie mode, so most of the time, he's a regular guy. Actually, to quote the book's heroine Simone, Drake is "sex-on-a-stick yummy." When he's not in zombie mode, of course. Thanks to an evil Voodoo priestess, Drake was cursed to live part of his life as a zombie, only he doesn't know when he's going to turn into one. Which is hell on his love life, but does make for an entertaining, exciting read. As if that isn't enough, in between worrying about when he's going to "go zombie," Drake has to figure out how to stop the Voodoo priestess before she kills him and the woman he loves.
Is he an unconventional romance book hero? Yes. Will you fall in love with him anyway? Most definitely! And if you want to see what I'm talking about, as well as read what other people are saying about the book, just check out the excerpt on my website! http://www.paigetylertheauthor.com/
 
What did you do when you found out your first book had been contracted?

The Snoopy Dance! I'm not kidding. LOL!

 
Do you have any words of inspiration to aspiring authors? What advice would you offer a writer trying to publish?


 I used to say write what you know. Now, I say write what you'd want to read.  That way, you'll be more passionate about what you're writing. 
 
Tell us about your current release.

I actually have a few of them that I'd love to share!



Blurb: KARLEIGH'S COWBOYS

Two ranch hands are better than one!

Karleigh Blake hasn’t take a vacation in years, so when her friend talks her into coming out to her Colorado ranch for some fun and relaxation, she jumps at the chance. Once there, she meets up with two hot and hunky ranch hands named Holden Donnelly and Mav Ryan who definitely know how to show a girl a good time.

It starts as two separate rolls in the hay, and she’s concerned she isn’t going to be able to hide that she’s sleeping with both of them. She's surprised when the two cowboys compare notes and decide they don’t mind sharing her – as long as they can do it at the same time!

Buy it at ARe!

Buy it on Amazon Kindle!

Buy it on B&N Nook!

***



BLURB: PIRATE'S WOMAN

Enter a world of spanking, bondage and out-of-this-galaxy sex!

To honor the debt her family owes Slayter Cardona, beautiful Teyla Dunai agrees to let him sell her as a sex slave in the markets of Arkhon. Determined to bring as much value as she can on the auction block, but inexperienced where men are concerned, she asks the handsome pirate if he’ll teach her how to pleasure a man. Intrigued, and more than a little attracted to the lavender-eyed beauty, Slayter agrees.
As he initiates her into the world of bondage, spanking and out-of-this-galaxy sex, though, both Teyla and Slayter find themselves falling for each other. But Slayter has a responsibility to his crew, and Teyla knows it is her duty to pay off her family’s debt. With the deal already agreed upon, there doesn’t seem to be any way for their story to have a happy ending. Or is there?

Buy it from Ellora's Cave!

***



BLURB: CINDRA'S BOUNTY HUNTER

She knows what she wants, and he's determined to fullfil all her needs!

Cindra Mallory strikes a bargain with sexy bounty hunter Bladen Sloan — in exchange for ten mind-blowing sexual encounters, he’ll track down the man who killed her father. But it’s hard to concentrate on the hunt when every touch from Bladen drives Cindra to new heights of daring and pleasure.

As they travel from planet to planet visiting sex clubs and raves, Bladen finds himself addicted to the fearless, sexual Cindra. Whether she’s begging him to spank her or seducing him in front of a roomful of people, the woman knows what she wants—and Bladen is determined to fulfill all her needs.

Buy it at Ellora's Cave!

***
 Do you have any upcoming projects in the works?

 Well, I just finished three comtenporary erotic romances. One is a sexy bdsm, one is about a hunky cop (gotta love a guy who comes with his own handcuffs!), and one is the sequel to my bestselling bdsm cowboy menage KARLEIGH'S COWBOYS. I have sneak peeks on my website on the "Coming Soon" page, where you'll also get a look at my Christmas-themed romance SANTA'S WAYWARD ELF. As for what I'm working on right now, well, it's super top secret, but I can tell you that it's a paranormal romance!
Where can readers connect with you?

 I'm all over the net! LOL!

***
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy writing schedule to join us today!

Ella 

No comments:

Post a Comment