Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meet the Author...Lisa Beth Darling

Please help me extend a warm welcome to author Lisa Beth Darling. She's dishing on two really captivating books in her series.



 What motivates Lisa Beth Darling the author? Why do you write?
I write because the Muse (or The Big Guy as I've come to call him) demands it.  He walks up to me, taps me on the shoulder and says; "Here, I've got this for you, now let's write it."  So we do. I never say 'no' to him because that only can go badly for me.
When did you know you were a writer? Was it always your destiny or did you stumble upon your craft by accident?
 I was given my first creative writing assignment in 4th grade and I was hooked. I was instantly transported to a tiny world of my own creation. I knew that this was what was I was going to do the rest of my life. After that, whenever someone asked me "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I always said "A writer."
I wrote my first full-length novel in 7th grade, it was titled "Save Me From the Roses" and was a full-on horror story with several erotic/romantic elements.  No, my style hasn't changed very much over the years but I have honed my craft and I think it's gotten a bit better.
What is your favorite genre to write and why?
Everything I write has dark and gritty elements to it, I never do anything that's complete fluff because I simply can't stand it.  It's like chewing on a piece of tin foil.  Life is about more than 'happily ever after' and a lot of people don't get that much out of life to begin with.  Besides, what is 'happily ever after' if your relationship is never tested?  How do you know it can stand up?  So my favorite genre to write is my current one, dark erotic paranormal romance.  It's what I've done most of my life but without the vampires, I have yet to do a vampire story mainly because the best one has already been written and it can never be topped; Dracula.
How did you get into EBook publishing?
In today's market there really isn't any other choice. Those who go 'print only' are cheated themselves by holding on to old and somewhat outdated ways of thinking.  For me personally, come fall when the local Borders closes there won't be an actual bookstore within 20 miles of my home.  Kindle and B&N along with Smashwords and several other places make it so easy to convert and sell your ebooks the idea of not doing it never entered my head.
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
A-I try to stick to a routine because I find it helpful.  I write from -4:30pm, before that I'm at work and after that there's home, hearth, and family to take care of.  I do write past that hour if the Muse and I are really cooking along but I try not to do that too often because if I give him an inch he always wants a mile.
Tell us about the most intriguing character you've created.
I think every author's favorite or most intriguing character is always the one they're currently working with.  I've worked with Ares God of War for nearly 20 years now and he's definitely my favorite, he's got my heart wrapped around his little finger and he knows it.
Who is your favorite author? And, if given the opportunity to meet them, what would you ask them?
Stephen King.  I would give anything to sit down with him for twenty minutes over  a cup of coffee.  I'd probably act like a babbling star-struck fan (which of course I would be!) and not get any 'useful' information out of him at all but it would be something I would never forget.
***Ella interjects - I'm going to have to agree! He'd be my 1st choice, too.
Do you have any words of inspiration to aspiring authors? What advice would you offer a writer trying to publish?
First and foremost, be true to yourself and the story.  No matter what anyone else tells you, do that first and never sway from it.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't take advice, you should listen to other people's opinion but you shouldn't let them be the ruling factor.  Writing is masturbatory and it should be, after all, if what you're writing doesn't please you, make your heart jump, make you horny, make you break out in a cold sweat…it won't do it for anyone else either.  As for publishing, do whatever you feel in your heart is right for you while keeping in mind all of those going out of business brick and mortal bookstores.  The world of self-publishing has finally put publishing where it belongs and where it was always meant to be; in the hands of the people and not the establishment.  There's a reason Freedom of the Press is right up there at the top in the Bill of Rights so use it and be proud.
Tell us about your current releases.


 "The Heart of War" is a dark erotic paranormal romance featuring Ares God of War and Alena MacLeod, a half-Fey half-human woman who washes up on the shore of his secluded Greek island. When first meet Ares he's what you'd expect him to be; arrogant, brash, brooding, intimidating and above all sexy as…well…a Greek God!  Alena is on the run from her husband, Cernunnos whom she was forced to marry at a very young age.  As she piques his curiosity and his interest, he falls in love with her and she with him.  They face many battles from within and from without in the form of Ares' Divinely Dysfunctional Family, the Olympians as well as facing Cernunnos together.  By the end of the story hopefully the reader comes away with a little different perspective on Ares, what he's all about and why he does some of the rather terrible things he does.
I am currently working on "Child of War-A God is Born" it's the two-part sequel to "The Heart of War".  "Child of War-A God is Born" will release in early October, 2011 with the second half "Child of War-Rising Son" releasing in December, 2011.  The last novel in the series "Spoils of War" will come out sometime in 2012.

 Meet Ares God of War, the greatest Warrior the world has ever known. He's moody, grumpy, dominant, ravenously sexual, and above all, built like a Greek God.
Suspected of killing his Daughter in-Law, Psyche, and long in exile from Olympus, the solitude of Ares' secluded Greek Isle is interrupted when Magdalena MacLeod a plucky little Fey washes up on his shore after believing she's been shipwrecked. It's not mere fate that has brought the unlikely couple together yet it may be what tears them apart.
Branded with a golden chastity belt bearing the mark of Cernunnos, Celtic God of the Forest and Death, Alena has been on the run from her husband the Great Horned God for 200 years.
When the Olympians discover her presence on Ares' island, they send Apollo to the island while Ares is away with orders to bring her to Olympus. With nowhere to run and strikes a bargain with the God of War--her virginity for his protection.
Ares sees a sweeter deal; her in his bed and himself back in his rightful place on Olympus among the Gods. If it means turning Alena over to Zeus afterward, well that's of no consequence to him...is it?
After Alena proves herself to the God of War in battle and in his bed, the Ares must choose between his Divinely Dysfunctional Family, his pride, and Alena.
Get lost in this sweeping dark saga of lust, rage, revenge, and redemption. Battle Ancient Gods while falling in love with Ares God of War and Alena MacLeod. They share a love that will rock the world from the heights of Olympus to the Celtic moors.
Book Details:
Title: The Heart of War
Author: Lisa Beth Darling
ISBN:978-0615424682
Pages: 516
Publisher Moon Mistress Publishing USA

Genre: Dark Erotic Paranormal Romance


 Inside the Heart of every Warrior breathes the Soul of a Hero--even within The Heart of War.
This book will have you laughing, crying, cheering and screaming as it takes you on an emotional roller coaster with Alena and Ares at the wheel. This is a gripping book that will leave you breathless and wanting more!"-Evie, Reviewer

CURRENT REVIEWS:
Paromantasy: 5 Fangs—"
Bitten by Paranormal Romance Perfect 5 Stars-- "Excellent and Fantastic read...every page only draws you further into the story and captures your emotions and interests immediately. I totally loved it! I look forward to reading the next installment “Child of War” in this new series."--Rhonda, Reviewer

Book Savvy Babe 4.5 Stars--" This book is so much more than a simple love story or erotica or fantasy novel, there are sub-plots and back stories."--Heather, Reviewer

Bitten by Books 4 Stars-- "It was fascinating watching their romance and self discovery (kind of funny for immortals) and was very well written. While extremely violent at times, I really enjoyed the two working together during the battle between the druids and Ares."

Judging The Book by the Pages 4 Stars--"I was so immersed in this heart wrenching story that I felt connected with the characters on so many levels. Not for the faint of heart, The Heart of War will take you on a ride you will never forget. "--TKay, Reviewer
 
Paranormal Haven 4 Stars-- "Ares is a giant ass, he lives up to his reputation of the god of war. But it was amazing to watch him fall in love with Alena and change his whole world for her. The bedroom scenes are very hot and steamy it will leave you wanting more." Athenna, Reviewer

The Pen & Muse 4 Stars-- "Lisa’s writing is intense and descriptive, and her narrative flows smoothly. The main events in the plot are interspersed with amusing events and anecdotes, as well as plenty of erotic scenes to keep lovers of the genre happy." Roane, Reviewer
Where can readers connect with you?
Author's Links:
FaceBook-Personal Page
http://www.facebook.com/lisabeth1
FaceBook-(brand new!) FanPage http://www.facebook.com/lbdarling
Twitter: lb_darling
Blog:
http://lbdarling.wordpress.com
Website: http://www.moonsmusings.com/lbdarling
***
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing with us!
Ella
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment