Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm headed to Myrtle Beach...I know...I know!



I may be MIA for the next few days or so. We're going to Myrtle Beach for what's supposed to be a relaxing Internet free vacay. I promised my husband and kids I would leave the laptop at home but I never said anything about the netbook. lol If I can smuggle that in my bag I'll check in from time to time.  Let's hope Irene doesn't cause too much stress on the Carolina's!

While I'm away I plan to edit A Vampire's Soul and get it ready for submission. Its coming along rather nicely if I do say so myself!

I'll leave you with this...

I sat for about forty-five minutes, weighing my options when I decided it wasn’t worth the risk tonight. It didn't feel right. Just as I was about to stand, I sensed her. She was walking toward me, her heart beat was erratic, she was afraid, but she made her way to me anyway. She hesitated before sitting on the stool next to me.

I took a long pull from my beer as she spoke.

"It usually doesn’t take you this long," she muttered so low if I were human, I might have missed it.

"Excuse me?" I turned and smiled at my little brunette.

"You usually know who you’ll be leaving with by now."

"I don’t know what you’re talking about."

"How come you won’t choose me?"

I could hear the pounding of her heart against her chest as her breathing picked up.

"Maybe I prefer blonds." I smiled.  "Can I get you something to drink?"

She shook her head.  She was prettier than I'd initially realized. Her long brown curls cascaded down her back and her eyes were a light shade of brown. Almond-colored was the best way to describe them. If I had to guess and I wasn't often wrong, she looked to be about twenty-one. She continued to stare at me, but I didn’t know what she wanted, and that voice inside my head continued to tell me to get the hell out of here. If only I'd listened.

"I know what you are."


Have a great week and I'll be back soon!

Ella


No comments:

Post a Comment