Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Mafia Heat: Salvatore #chapterone #sneakpeek #preorder


Mafia Heat is growing one book at a time! Salvatore is available for preorder for just $0.99!

Order today and start reading on September 9, 2019.

Click here for your favorite vendor.



HAYDEN
Life isn't easy,
Something I learned the hard way,
While fending for myself.

Finally, I'm on my way.
My goals are within reach,
And the sexiest and most powerful bachelor in town,
Has his sights set on me.

But the help I got years ago,
Is now calling in the payback,
And it's going to cost everything, 
Possibly destroy it all.

SALVATORE
One thing, 
I only wanted one thing,
And that was to keep my business to myself,
Out of the illegal crap my family is embroiled in.

But when I see the talented and driven new chef,
Everything changes,
And I want so much more.
But her betrayal shatters us,
And ruins it all.  

***Contains mature content
***ALL BOOKS IN THIS SERIES STAND ALONE AND CAN BE READ IN ANY ORDER

AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 9, 2019


CHAPTER ONE 

Copyright © 2019, Ella Jade

Chapter One

Hayden
The Beginning

When he handed me the cash, I didn’t know how to respond. I was days away from being evicted. I hadn’t seen my mom in a month. I had been working two jobs for over a year. One as a waitress and the other in the kitchen of a local restaurant. I had a knack for cooking but I wasn’t refined enough to work for any of the major restaurants in the city. Not yet. I was young. Only a couple years out of high school.
I wanted more than anything to go to culinary school. Until now, it was a dream. One that I’d been putting off since graduation. Something always came up. My father died. My mother needed help paying the rent. I took a second job. I didn’t have any money. 
Gazing down at the bag filled with cash, money was no longer an issue. Franco Collandra stared at me, waiting for me to say something. I’d known him since we were kids. His father, Antonio, was a big deal in the neighborhood. The family was linked to organized crime. My own dad had done odd jobs for them. I wasn’t sure what kind of jobs but they probably weren’t legal. When he died, he took those stories with him.
“This is a lot of money.” I leaned against the old wooden door of my apartment. “I don’t think I can accept this.”
“I wouldn’t have given it to you if I didn’t think you deserved it.” Franco crossed his arms over his muscular chest. “Your dad was loyal to my family for many years. It was a shame what happened to him.”
I nodded but I didn’t like to think about it.
“You’re struggling,” he said. “There’s no reason for it. I can’t locate your mother. I’ll keep looking if you want me to.”
After not hearing from my mom for a couple weeks, I began to worry. She’d often pulled disappearing acts but never for this long. I’d gone to the Collandras because they were fond of my dad. I thought maybe they could help me find her. Antonio put Franco on it. In the process, he’d been coming around and looking out for me.
“I’m sure she’ll turn up.” She always did, especially when the current guy in her life dumped her. “Why are you giving me this money?”
“You told me you wanted to go to school. Now you can.”
“I’m not sure when I could repay this. I have to apply for culinary school, get in, get my education, find a job and...” 
He scrolled through his phone, not really that interested in what I had to say.
“All of that could take a long time.” In my gut, I knew I shouldn’t take the money. But I was tired of struggling. Trying not to be a victim of my surroundings. It was so hard. I’d never seen this much cash before.
“Like I said, your dad was loyal to my family for a long time. I hope the money helps you find a better life.”
“Franco, I don’t know.”
“I’m leaving the money with you. That’s what my father wants. You can do whatever you want with it.” 
“I want to go to school.”
“Then it’s settled.”
“I’m going to pay you back.”
“Right.” He laughed. “I believe you’re going to be successful. You’ve got determination. You’re resourceful and strong. I like that.”
“Thank you.”
“If it makes you feel better about taking the money, you can repay the loan with a favor.”
“What kind of favor?”
“I don’t know.” He shrugged. “I believe everyone has something for someone. Maybe not today, maybe not next week but you never know. There might be something you can do for me someday.” He extended his hand. “Right now, you get that education.”
“Okay.” I shook his hand. “It’s a deal.”
When he gazed down at our joined hands, I had every intention of honoring this agreement. 

***

Four years later

Walking out of the Marchelli Winery, I had a renewed sense of self-worth. The past was finally behind me. No more eviction notices, drug-infested neighborhoods, or scraping to get by. I busted my ass to get through culinary school. Sleeping on couches, taking buses, and putting up with useless family members. No more!
I looked down at the jacket in my hands. Sous Chef. All the years of scrounging and working hard paid off. I was now employed at one of the most renowned wineries in the country. I’d be second in command in that bustling kitchen. 
I didn’t care what kind of reputation the owners had. Their mob connections didn’t bother me. I’d come from a neighborhood where questionable men did questionable things. You mind your business, look the other way, and do what you have to do to make it out alive. If it wasn’t for the Collandras, I wouldn’t have gotten this far. 
No matter what line of work the Marchellis were into these days, their winery was legit. Somehow they had managed to put this place on the map in a matter of a few years. Their wine was being served in every major city in the United States. If Boss Wine wasn’t on the menu, it soon would be. I’d read the reviews. Customers were flocking to the winery to get a glimpse of this secret celebrity family. They were also raving about the food, drinks, and experience. It was named one of the trendiest spots around. It was the perfect restaurant for me to make my mark.
I’d also noticed how many women on social media mentioned how delectable the man responsible for the success of this place was. Salvatore Marchelli had turned the winery into an empire. I hadn’t met my new boss yet but his mother, Jennie, couldn’t mention him enough during the interview process. He was supposed to be here today to meet me and give his final approval but he got held up, so his mother hired me. I wondered if Mr. Marchelli would approve of me? Did it matter? His mother already had. She and the executive chef, Rocco DeCarro, had put me through a grueling interview process. When we started, there were twenty of the brightest up and coming stars vying for the position. I was the only one left standing. Me! The new Sous Chef for Marchelli Winery. At twenty-six, my future just got a whole lot brighter.
“Sweet,” I whispered as a sleek, silver Jaguar parked in front of the winery. I was still taking public transportation but maybe one day I could afford a ride like that. A girl could dream, couldn’t she?
As I made my way down the stairs of the grand entrance of the restaurant, the man who had hurried out of the most expensive car I’d ever seen wasn’t paying attention and clipped my shoulder with his toned bicep, dropping a folder stuffed with papers. As the documents flew in the air, he gazed up at them.
“Perfect,” he mumbled. 
“Maybe you should watch where you’re going?” I suggested.
“Yes,” he agreed. “I apologize.” He looked me over. “Are you okay?”
“No harm.” I stared into his wide brown eyes, noting a hint of amber running through them. “Your papers.”
“It’s been that kind of a day.” He bent down and gathered them, quickly shoving them into the folder. When he stood, he glanced at the prized jacket I held in my hands. I couldn’t wait to put it on tomorrow night at dinner service.
 His full lips curved into an irresistible smile. It was then that I realized how handsome he was. It wasn’t just his face. It was the whole package. Tailored suit, shiny shoes, perfectly groomed stubble along his jawline, and not a shiny, black hair out of place on his head. He smelled good too. I had never seen such an attractive man before. I wasn’t one to gawk or get all giddy when a hot guy walked into the room but he was a major exception. He looked familiar but I couldn’t place him.
“You missed one.” I pointed to the paper by his feet before bending down and picking it up. I quickly glanced at it, recognizing the various types of wine listed on the spreadsheet. 
“Thank you.” He took it from me, sliding it into the folder with the others.
“Do you work here?” Maybe he was a salesman but the job would have to be pretty lucrative for him to drive that car. Hell, his watch probably cost more than my rent.
“Something like that.” 
“That’s a great car.” I nodded behind him.
“Thanks, I don’t drive it that often.” 
“So, what’s it like dealing with these people?” I thumbed to the restaurant behind me. 
When he grinned, I thought I might have missed something but he was so attractive I didn’t want to blow this opportunity. I didn’t usually chase after men but today was one of the best days of my life. Would it hurt to be a little social? Have some fun? Maybe I’d score a ride in his expensive car and we could go out for a drink. I wanted to celebrate my success. Most of my friends were either married or in serious relationships. I’d been so ambitious these past few years, I hadn’t made many new friends.
“What do you mean by these people?”
“The Marchellis.” Just saying their name gave me a thrill. “Despite what I’ve heard about them, I still applied to work here. The allure of this place comes from who they are. They’re business is booming. I couldn’t resist being part of that but I do want to make sure it’s cool here.”
“I see.” He looked at my jacket. “Very impressive. I heard the competition was tough during the interview process.”
“Nothing I couldn’t handle.” I was a hot mess applying for this job but I had confidence in my cooking. “I was determined.”
“Despite what you heard about the Marchellis?”
“They’re in the news and not always for good reasons. I thought maybe you had a take on the business. Is it really legitimate?” I wasn’t bothered by who this family was. They’d managed to stay out of serious trouble despite the ramblings on the street. The Marchellis didn’t scare me but I wanted to make sure my new career didn’t disappear because the Feds came knocking on the door and shut them down. That wasn’t exactly a question I could ask during the interview. Now that I had the job, I didn’t see any reason why I shouldn’t inquire a bit.
“I can assure you the winery is completely legitimate.” He glanced at his watch. “I work really hard to maintain a professional image. One the family can be proud of.”
“Oh, are you their PR person?”
“Again, something like that.”
“Are you being mysterious on purpose?” Who are you? “Mysterious can be fun.” I gazed at his finger to make sure their wasn’t a wedding ring because that would be my luck. According to his left hand, he was single. “Are you flirting with me?”  
“Maybe it’s you who is flirting with me?”
“I’m a modern girl.”
“Good luck with your new job, Ms. Chambers.”
“How did you know my–”
“Sorry I’m late.” Another incredibly attractive man with impressive forearms covered in beautiful tattoos joined us in front of the building. “Dad had an emergency.”
“No problem,” my mystery guy said. “I’m fresh out of a meeting.”
“Hello.” The sexy tattooed guy smiled at me. “I’m Gianni.” He extended his hand which I politely shook. Two hunky men in a matter of minutes? “Looks like you’re the new chef.” He smirked at the guy standing next to me. “I didn’t realize my brother was involved in the hiring process. Congratulations.”
“Your brother?” Oh no! Gianni’s brother would be...
“I wasn’t but I was about to properly introducing myself.”
Please don’t be...
“I’m Salvatore Marchelli.” 
Of course you are. That’s why you look so familiar. I’d seen him in magazines and on promos for the winery. I should have paid better attention.
“Welcome to our completely legitimate winery.”
A ride in his car and a drink was probably off the table now. Could I have made a more idiotic impression?
“I hope your cooking is as bold as your personality.”


Intrigued?



While all books in the Mafia Heat series stand alone, this is the order to read to get the full impact:

Vincenzo - Available Now
Gianni - Available Now
Salvatore - September 9. 2019
Santino - Coming Soon
Dominick - Release Date TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment